With the New Year comes new resolutions and all kinds of advice for simplifying and decluttering. If you’re like me, after the kids have been home for the holidays my craft room looks like a tornado went through it! Well here’s some help to use up some of those leftover bits and pieces in your craft box. This easy DIY project is fun for the kids and helps you get organized! All you have to do is place 7-10 left over crafting supplies in a paper bag and give it to your child, with the following instructions.
- This is a DIY art challenge!!! Create a piece of art using the materials in the paper bag BUT you have to use the bag as well!
- All supplies must be used up, nothing left behind.
- You’re allowed to use markers, scissors and glue, but you can’t add any other crafting supplies.
- If friends or siblings each have a bag, they’re allowed to trade one craft piece for another.
- The art piece can be anything you want… a person, an animal, a house, a shoe, or even a cell phone holder! It’s totally up to you!
If you’re looking for ways of having some creative fun with your child, check out some of our innovative art kits, delivered monthly. Our subscription based art boxes are designed to be educational and fun and include everything you need, so you spend less time shopping around and more quality time with the kids. Discover our art kits today!
Philippa Glossop, B.F.A, M.Ed, is an artist, art advocate and educator who has been teaching visual art to children for over twenty years. She teaches in a number of school districts, art galleries, community art centers, and from her own art studio. Philippa’s passion is creating innovative art kits to stimulate and encourage kids of all ages to explore and develop their creative thinking and expression. More about Philippa