With fall colors in full swing and the nights getting longer, it’s a great time to start thinking about DIY crafts perfect for Halloween! What kid doesn’t love making spooky Halloween crafts to decorate the house?! This colorful project is hands on painting fun with an
exciting twist…using glow in the dark paints! So get ready for some spooky Halloween painting fun! Whether it’s just you and the kids, or a bunch of little ghouls at a Halloween party, this is a simple craft that’s sure to be a hit with everyone!
For this craft you’ll need:
- Black paper to paint on
- Glow in the dark paints (some are even 3-D!)
- Black lightbulb
Painting in the dark may seem a little creepy, but isn’t that what Halloween is all about? Black light bulbs are relatively inexpensive and can be bought at most hardware stores. To get started, follow these simple steps.
- Choose a room to work in where you can close the curtains or blinds, so you can paint in the dark.
- Set up at a work surface covered with newsprint to protect the table.
- Use your black lightbulb in a nearby lamp. Turn off all the lights except for your black light.
- Using glow in the dark paints, paint a picture on black paper. It’s fun to see how the colours blend and layer. You can paint anything from pumpkins to spooky ghosts… or even skeletons!
- Once the picture is dry, it glows in the dark, but looks like regular paint in daylight (depending on which product you buy).
If your child loves getting creative, why not think of a Pip & Vix Art Kits subscription...they make a great holiday gift! We offer subscription based art boxes for kids of all ages, delivered monthly. Learn more.
We love seeing kids being creative and their creations too! When you complete one of our art projects or DIY crafts, why not show off your masterpiece by sending us a photo of your completed work and we’ll post it in our Gallery! You can even be in the photo if you want…with your parents’ permission of course!
Have a happy and safe Halloween!