SUNNY SUNFLOWERS...like van Gogh! (3-6 years)
This art kit studies the works of Vincent van Gogh’s traditional sunflowers, but with an unusual modern twist little ones love. Working with watercolour paints the kids learn to:
- Explore creating unique backgrounds using a paint wash, covering it with plastic wrap and scrunching it up resulting in super cool textures!
- Experiment with drawing sunflower shapes using watercolour paint & a sharpie.
- Discover the technique of layering watercolour paint to create more details in their artwork.
Together all these elements result in a stunning sunflower composition…even Van Gogh would have been proud! Plus, there’s always extra watercolour paper in the kit to experiment some more!
In this kit you’ll find:
Creative Art Supplies: This kit comes fully loaded with high quality art materials for your little one to experiment with including:
- Watercolour paper (plus a little extra!)
- Mat board (to tape paper down to)
- Extra tape
- Watercolour paint set
- Watercolour brushes
- Sketching paper & pencil
- Plastic wrap
- Sharpie pen
- Images of sunflowers for inspiration!
Instruction Guide: Easy to follow step-by-step instruction guide with color photos and technique tips, to ensure you and your little artist have lots of easy, hands on creative fun!
Fun Fact Sheet: There’s a themed based art lesson in every box! Designed specifically for this age group, your child will learn about the artists and/or genres, while experiencing the magic of creating their very own masterpiece!
Subscription Option: At Pip & Vix Art Kits we want to make things easy for the busy parent! That’s why we offer the option to buy a single art kit, or sign up for a subscription where the art fun keeps coming, delivered monthly! Each month there’s a new and fun art box exploring different themes and techniques; always educational and loaded up with hands on, creative fun! Simply choose your preference during checkout.