Layered Transparency Painting (7-12)
If you’ve got a kid who likes to paint this is the kit you need! Your young artist will love this 2-in-1 combo as they explore both watercolor and acrylic techniques, creating two different paintings that layer one on top of the other… resulting in one unique work of art!
They’ll learn to:
- mix their own acrylic colours & practice layering paint in thin coats.
- explore using watercolours, including pastel resist techniques and seeing the effects of creating salt blooms
How does it work? They’ll create a base layer as the background using watercolour paints, then they’ll create another painting using acrylics on a clear transparency, which will then be layered over the background to complete their project. There’s tons of art materials included in this box to create several masterpieces providing hours of hands on art fun!
Inside this kit you'll find...
Creative Art Supplies:
- 4 sheets of heavy weight watercolour paper
- 1 mat board to support the watercolour paper
- Extra tape to tape down additional watercolour sheets
- 4 transparency sheets
- Watercolour paints
- Acrylic paints
- Assortment of brushes
- Sharpie marker
- Clip board palette
- Water cup
- Glue stick
- Complete set of oil pastels
Instruction Guide: Easy to follow step-by-step instruction guide with color photos & technique tips, to ensure your growing artist has lots of easy, hands on creative fun!
Fun Fact Sheet: There’s a themed based art lesson in every box! Designed specifically for this age group, your child will learn about different genres, artists and techniques, while experiencing the magic of creating their very own work of art!